Tuesday, May 06, 2008

fresh old lace ~ SPC

How is it possible to feel so fragile, while inside the
roaring lion is ready to pounce, this will always
remain a mystery to me. To wear lace in those
paling shades of pink and white, only to be colored
in red on the inside. Oh, to peel back the layers in a
constant motion revealing each moment the
material faded over and over. I can feel the twist
when the rag is wrung tight and the color runs
swiftly back into the ground. I would rather be
that bright dye that will travel, than be the
colorless cloth that remains. Forever I will forge
contentment as the lace with its delicate holes
and designs. Fresh and clean, wispy and worn soft,
treasured and saved, used and past down
time and time again.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

lion and lace, beauty and grace :)

5:59 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Breathtakingly beautiful, my dear sweet poet!

Do you feel my arms around you this morning? I loving you big time.

All my love,
Wanda Mom

5:59 AM  
Blogger AbraMichelle said...

You have a wonderful way with words. You paint a picture with them that just makes them come alive for the reader. Thank you for that

10:18 AM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

((((((DAarlene)))))

1:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Beautiful imagery Darlene.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Eileen W. said...

Ahh, this is so eloquently put- (((hugs))).

5:53 AM  
Blogger sweet expressions said...

beautiful words

big ((((hugs))))

8:33 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Thats beautiful. I can relate in ways to your words. Thanks for stopping by and the encouragement you drop my way. I loved your poem.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home