Thursday, March 27, 2008

bad talking puppy!


Baxter talks... well, I guess I should say, Baxter talks back like a bratty child
who doesn't want to be told, "No bite, Baxter!"
he is four months old now and 3 lbs of teething terror
so everything goes in his mouth...everything
and if he can bite down...he does
I spend a large portion of my day saying,
"No bite, Baxter!"
and he then says, "NOooooo"
back to me...he really does, I have a witness!
so today I purchased tiny training puppy treats
to reward him when I say, "No bite, Baxter!"
and then chooses not to talk back to me
it is so hard not to let his little cute puppy charms
over ride his piss & vinegar behavior
because I still get sweet puppy kisses
on the spot

8 Comments:

Blogger Jack K. said...

Treat or no treat, the sweet puppy kisses will still come.

They only disappear when the love is denied.

There is NO way Baxter will never be loved.

Lucky dog.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

Baxter is a cutie ~
Yes, Dar get control of your chi! *giggle
Nothing is worse than unrully ones like my girls!
;)

I agree with jack k.

7:44 AM  
Blogger tricia said...

I love Baxter. What a sweet dog. I tried everything when my Golden was little. I even sprayed my hands, etc with that bitter apple spray. He would make a funny face like that tastes terrible then come back for more :-)

10:12 AM  
Blogger sweet expressions said...

it's always tough to make your kids
do what you want them too

I am sure once baxter breaks out of this teething stage he will
mind his mommy!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

I just remembered about our dear old cat, Hazel. When she was a kitten, some 15 years ago, she loved to teethe on polished cotton pillows and my "Fuzzies" gold-toe socks.

Thank goodness she has long given that up. Interestingly, she will occasionally give us a tender nip from time-to-time. She will then continue to lick the nipped hand.

You just gotta luv 'em.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

When Ragsie was little we did no bark and no bites at the same time. I swear I sat with her for two days saying no barks, no bites with my thumb holding down her lower jaw just enough not to get it out of her mouth. Worked, but boy did I have have slimy hands for two days. Puppy slimed.

3:21 PM  
Blogger LEstes65 said...

He must have taught my 4 yr old. I get lots of hugs and I love you when he gets in trouble. Very hard to stick to my guns!

That is one adorable puppy.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Baking with Bianca said...

Thank yyou

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home