Friday, March 14, 2008

"are you staying or going?"

<----This is just one small corner of my studio. I couldn't even bare to post the picture in full color, it really is quite daunting. Well, the closet has been emptied and the shelves have been put in. The bins have all been purchased and neatly arranged on said shelves and now all I have to do is, to decide what stays and what goes...blah! My 'stuff' is in piles on my desk, the floor, my chair and any other nook or cranny I could find. I have laughed out loud at some of the things I have previously saved...like, the smallest pieces of scrap paper to what?... squeeze out just one more leaf or flower? Yesterday I called it being frugal, today I just call it trash and way too insignificant to save...and THAT is the story of my life...
I Save Everything
Don't You?
Doesn't Everybody Else?
Save Things of Value?
Things of Worth?
Heck, I can think of a million ideas to do with That *wink*
Paint it, glue it, sew it, Save it!
My god...just don't throw it away!
And eventually, all those things end up in my studio, in utter confusing chaos and decisions have to be made. Big Decisions like...what gets to Stay and what has to GO. So, just in case anybody may be wondering what I'm doing this weekend?

4 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

Oh my goodness Darlene ~~~ that's been my dilema for the past 6 weeks!!! Why have I so carefully kept "junk" for 27 years!!

Love you little poem ~~ it says it all!!

Hope you get tons done this weekend, but don't over do it!! Take care of Dar.
Love and Hugs
Wanda Mom

11:07 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

All that creativity comes with some clutter.

So be it! Well worth the beauty you make.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Wink, wink, I'm totally not getting this while rolling on the floor and laughing. I never have done this until the last 10 years when I knew I likely wouldn't be moving. Now, I have to go through regularly and declutter. It's a spring and fall refain for me. Loved the poem.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Silvia said...

*sigh* i guess i will have to ask that question a lot when i start cleaning my studio this week!
but i know in the end it's all worth it! Can't wait to have a fresh clean space to work!

xox

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home