Friday, February 15, 2008

one extremely romantic thing

We had dinner reservations at one of our "least" visited favorite restaurants, least because it is on the fancy expensive side, but Tuesday night I had an unexpectedly rare seizure. It left me weak and physically vulnerable, so we decided to rain check dinner out and eat at home. Which is fine, but girls look forward to being "courted" even after many years of marriage.
right girls?

Well, one fire burning toastily and a yummy consumed homemade dinner later...my husband turned the evening into a "Valentine" to remember kind of moment. He broke out a bag of marshmallows and began roasting them (pretend we're camping under the evening stars) way and... one mellow at a time, we each consumed three.
Here is the romantic part...I love roasted marshmallows, but they have to be done a certain way, the loooong sloooow (gooey melted on the inside, evenly brown almost burnt, but not, on the outside) kind of way. It takes much longer to cook and requires an extended sit, directly in front of the fire and a lot of patience. My husband practically lights his mellows on fire to get it over and done with as quick as possible. He is not the most patient of men. First of all, the fact that he even knows how I like my mellows cooked is pretty darn romantic enough for me, but...that he took the time to roast each one to yummy confection perfection was extremely romantic...and little does he know, it is something that made the evening a, remember forever memory making kind of moment, for me.

12 Comments:

Blogger Silvia said...

"My husband practically lights his mellows on fire to get it over and done with as quick as possible."

*giggle*


loved reading this! xxx

1:22 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

That really is romantic! What a sweetheart! My sweetie made me very happy by still playing his musical card. It sort of startles me, as it is so loud in our quiet home, when he goes by and flicks it open and the music starts, but fun because I know he is enjoying it. Those are the best memories, aren't they?!

2:07 PM  
Blogger sweet expressions said...

what a great way to spend valentines

8:27 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

I could just pictures this....what a special night. I'm so sorry for the unexpected seizure.

How precious you could turn that dinner out...to such a romantic marshmello in....!!

Love and Hugs
Wanda Mom

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

You are both blessed to be together.

May love and peace continue to reside with you both.

(Damn, why didn't I think of something like that?)

5:08 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Wow - how romantic! If you've ever had this kind of romantic love......it is definitely to cherish. I'm so happy that you have each other.....both romantics.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems it's always the little things, doesn't it?

6:50 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yum, I love marshmallows that way too. You have a very sweet husband.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica S. said...

what a lucky girl you are to have such a sweet guy...hope you are feeling better

6:35 AM  
Blogger LEstes65 said...

Some day I want a husband that makes me feel like yours makes you feel.

7:55 PM  
Blogger boho girl said...

hi sweet sis ~
just wanted to peek in and say that i love you. i sent you two emails and i need marky's address.

I LOVE YOU.

xoxox

7:32 AM  
Blogger Shaz said...

So sweet you are one blessed and beautiful lady xx

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home