Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring is Just About Everywhere

When you walk around
with a camera slung over
your shoulder, or one
tucked away in your purse,
don't you find that things
just jump out at you and
practically say, "Take one
of me! Hey, over here!"
Well, I was pulling out of
my driveway and over to my
right (where we keep the
garbage cans) a certain
tree caught my attention.





She was all dressed up
in her gold finery
and she donned a
dramatic green skirt,
that I just had to snap
a shot or two, out
of my curiosity, as well
as, her bidding.


All of the maidens
were there and they too,
were dressed in their
finest attire.
The hostess bowed
before the most
revered guest.
The Prince had
traveled quite a way
and rumor was vastly
spreading that he
was looking for
a bride.



From much practice,
she bowed with grace
and her skirt
splayed out around
her. All could not
deny her well known
beauty and she
began to notice
how stiff and
prickly he was.
She fled the limbs
and was heard saying,
"Why, he's no better
looking than a
bloody pinecone!"




And indeed
...he was.










My hope is that you are smiling and have a wonderful day! :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Shaz said...

D that was amazing. I loved your story along with your pictures. They have made me smile tonight thats for sure.
Love Always xxx

4:00 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Beautiful post and beautiful photos - they made a great start to my day! :-)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Jack K. said...

As usual, your posting, poetry and photos have helped make my day richer indeed.

Thanks. Namaste`

7:43 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

What a beautiful story book, pictures that are breathtaking, and a wonderful story to embrace the pictures. You have such an "EYE". I drove in and out of your driveway, and was too focused to see what was around me! Thanks for the reminder to "Stop and see the trees".
Love and Hugs
XOXXOO

7:57 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful words, beautiful you. Such a delightful tale, all from backing out of your driveway! These same types of stories come to my mind also.

Wishing you the happiest of days! :D

xoxo Star

8:25 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Very cute story to go with your lovely pics. ;)

:)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smiling and laughing. Very creative use of pictures and words. :)

12:12 PM  
Blogger LEstes65 said...

Yes, you made me smile. I'm a sucker for stories with big pictures!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Timme said...

Well, no, I'm not smiling, but more giggling like the cartoon dog, sort of wheezy and funny and thinking, 'That Darlene, pulled a good one on me, she did!" How funny! For the prince is a pinecone! Love it!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

So clever!

Beautiful photos!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable..loved it..and those pretty little girls leave yellow pollen all over my sidewalk and patio...those naughty yellow divas...

great story and pics..

dd/s

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't spring the most wonderful time for picture taking? There is so much renewal and beauty everywhere you turn...I could not agree more.

These are lovely, as is the accompanying prose.

xoxoxo Happiness to you sweet D.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home