Friday, December 01, 2006

Evening Repose
















Early, the sun is eager for purpose
and I am tender from the nights formal chill.
Your warmth goes deep and won't be disappointed.
I am few now, preparing for the dormant sleep,
but let me give this last bloom as a sign
for those already humming winters lullaby.
Let my color say; beauty can find you in
unexpected moments.
Because I have held out to the end,
know that patience is quiet, but strong.
May my beauty bring you hope
for the coming spring and your today.


















Seeing this picture made me laugh. All I can see is my tiny hand being stretched beyond what looks to be normal, all for the fact that, while taking self portraits, holding the camera and manipulating commands are not easy tasks. How many of us take our portraits in the bathroom mirror? Because it's the easy way. Well you just go right ahead and keep taking those pictures. It's a trip to see yourself as others see you, I worked this Thursday, will be working Friday and Saturday, but I will catch up on all of your blogs in all my spare moments and over the weekend...Happy Friday :-D

15 Comments:

Blogger Shaz said...

I love seeing you upright and smiling. I loved your poem it brightened my day, sweet like a lullaby that will rock me to sleep.
Shaz xox

2:18 AM  
Blogger JP (mom) said...

Beautiful poem with the season's solitary rose bud ... and, I love the mirror self-portrait (rather a behind the scences self-portrait!) much peace & love to your Dar - hugs - JP

4:11 AM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

"Beauty can find you in unexpected moments." This is a thought I'm going to hold onto today...
--D.--

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, Darlene.

"patience is quiet, but strong" - I'm going to post that in front of me today.

You look so vibrant and joy-filled in your photo. Love your necklace--did you make it?

Happy Friday!

xxoo Star

7:57 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Lovely poem and lovely photo of you! You have such a beautiful smile.

PS...as much as I love my "fancier" camera, I find it sooo much easier to take self-portraits with my little pocked point-n-shoot for that very reason of not having to contort my hand as much!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working!! Yah!! That means you are feeling better, yes?? You are so very pretty. Keep smiling!! Thanks again for sharing your writings, it shows your beauty inside and out!! Have a wonderful weekend!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this poem. and i love your expression in this photo. i, too, am going to put this post in my heart and look at it again, and again.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Trish Ryan said...

My laptop has one of those built-in cameras that I find truly frightening. Who looks good while writing/emailing??? Someday I'll get all made up (okay, someday I'll take a shower before 4pm) and take a self-portrait. But this afternoon, it would be too grim to face :)

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful words, beautiful photo, beautiful smile, beautiful YOU. :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger mareymercy said...

I didn't even notice "the hand" until you pointed it out! Great pic!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

"beauty can find you in
unexpected moments"

and isn't this a reason to hang on.

"Your warmth goes deep and won't be disappointed"

and who can argue with that.

I have a particular fondness for roses, preferably white, but I can deal with red and pink; it's the budding that I love most dearly. In other words, nice picture.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Beauty can find you in unexpected moments' - and you are an incredibly brave and beautiful person Darlene. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

xoxoDotee

7:30 PM  
Blogger sandy said...

Great poem and great self photo. What a nice smile you have!

Really enjoyed the poem and your post above that about your wonderful friend.

Really enjoyed seeing someone intently creating. Wonderful...!

Take care and have a great week Darlene. xoxox sandy

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, you are such an amazing writer!

And, yes, I am guilty...most self portraits are taken in the bathroom mirror...because that is the only decent sized one I have!!! he he. Lovely self portrait of you!!!!

xoxoxoxo

11:26 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I see two roses!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home