Saturday, July 22, 2006

A slice of paradise




I am taking a little 2 & 1/2 day trip to spend some time with my 22 yr. old daughter. She lives a couple of hours away from me. All of my trips begin here.....ordering my favorite Starbucks drink....Blackberry Green Tea Frappichino...Mmmmmmm.



And of course....I'll be driving around with that natural "pissed off" look I get on my face without even trying. But, inside I'm really thinking......I can't wait to smell my daughter, nuzzle my face into her neck (*she'll giggle* and I'll love hearing that sound :) Then I'll hold her really tight and she'll have to peel me off of her and probably say, "Moma, you just saw me 2 weeks ago!" And I'll relent, but also know that in a little while she'll want more cuddles :)



We're going t do the things that we do best.......shop, eat, cuddle, laugh, maybe some tears, giggle, sleep and then more shopping. I'll miss you all and will be taking pictures of my weekend. I'm going to leave you with a better picture of myself...one that expresses more of how I feel inside right now. Love to you all and have a wonderful weekend!




12 Comments:

Blogger boho girl said...

my gorgeous seestor!

mmmm...give angie baby cuddles from her auntie. i love that her and i have the same smells...hee hee.

i'll be phoning you ladies to check in on you.

love you muchly!
lil sis boho

10:32 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Blackberry green tea??!!! YOU have some hillbilly blood in YOU somewhere dear sweet D! West Virginia is famous for thier hollers and blackberries!!! I grew up picking them! Ouch! soooo many thorns and watch out for the snakes! Ug! I LOVE em! the blackberries that is! and I LOVE You!!!!! Have a SWEET time with your daughter and I'll miss YOU!!! xo

12:41 PM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

ps. and YOU look delicious yourself! I'm Glad you are getting away a little bit! It's already doing you some good! I can tell!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

yummy tea- I will have to try it.

Have fun beautiful one- I look forward to the pictures-this one is terrific

XOXO

2:47 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh my, enjoy your time with that lovely girl! I cannot imagine not being under the same roof as my daughters. The thought of it kills me, truly!

I miss you!

xoxo

8:01 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

And your "i'm not pissed, but I totally look like i am" expression is hilarious. Thanks for the giggles!

8:02 PM  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

first, love that you shared these photos...so beautiful. you are.

yet i have to admit that teared up a bit at the kind words about your daughter and your excitement. so wonderful...sweet...true. beautiful.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

oh, bless your heart lovely D, i bet you're the most yummy mummy ever :-) (certainly the most gorgeous ;-)
save a snuggle for me *tee hee* x

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your daughter is so fortunate! have a wonderful time!!!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope every moment is as wonderful and delicious as you describe!

7:41 PM  
Blogger claireylove said...

delicious pic of you Darlene.
Have a fab weekend with your daughter (yes, like Amy, it stabs my heart too to think one day my little ones will fly the nest)
x x x x x

2:12 AM  
Blogger meghan said...

sigh! Have a wonderful time! Blackberry green tea? Sounds divine! (And you look beautiful!!)

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home